Saturday, January 10, 2009

Teriyaki Stir-Fry

Another great way to load up on veggies at dinner time is with stir-fry. Rather than the usual plain soy sauce flavor that accompanies most stir fry, I prefer teriyaki.

Ingredients:
Chicken
Veggies (I like to use broccoli, carrots, and onion)
ginger
sesame seeds
olive oil
teriyaki sauce

I start by cooking the chicken in a small amount of olive oil (about 1 Tbs) in a large skillet. When the chicken is done, I sprinkle it with ground ginger and sesame seeds. Next, I add all my veggies (cut to whatever size you want them). When the veggies are about the tenderness that I like, I drizzle teriyaki sauce over the whole thing. I stir it all up and let it cook about 2 more min before I serve it. I prefer to serve it without rice because it saves calories, plus I get full on the veggies, but if you prefer rice, brown rice is the healthiest choice.

No comments: